Stability, leadership and innovation
Unlike venture capital funded vendors rushing to cash in on the mandated transition to EHR, Medical Informatics Engineering has a longstanding commitment to healthcare IT. Our leadership team contributes to the national debate on healthcare reform, serving on industry standards committees, trade organizations and interoperability forums.
Our solutions are designed to improve productivity and operations:
- Cognitive, not clerical – Clinicians agree: their focus is and should remain on patient care, not the administrative requirements of its delivery. Unlike EHRs that act as nothing more than a static repository, our solutions are designed with simple tools for collecting, organizing and displaying the information you need…reducing the amount of time required for documenting the real work at hand: evaluating and treating patients.
- One and done – Information entered once in a patient chart and is applied as needed throughout the record – including documentation for meaningful use. Our FroozHIE data reconciliation tool displays a split screen with existing and incoming patient information, allowing "on the fly" comparison, reconciliation and merging of data from different sources including HIEs and personal health records.
- Accessible – Our solutions are all 100 percent web based and can be accessed via any web-enabled device, from office desktop computers, to laptops or tablets, to mobile phones operating on iOS or Android platforms.
- Adaptable – Screens within each solution can be custom configured for each user's individual preferences, providing the exact content and layout required for peak productivity. Implementation options include the ability to start small and add functionality and users at any time.
- Interoperable – Our solutions are designed, built and certified to share information throughout a complex healthcare community that includes hospitals, physicians, laboratories and diagnostic testing facilities and – of course – patients. The system interfaces with:
- billing and practice management systems
- labs and pharmacies
- HR and other employer-based enterprise software
- other physicians, including those in different hospital systems
- registries and state designated HIEs
- patient portals and patient-owned personal health records
- Simple, predictable and affordable – to buy and to use – our solutions are designed to leverage basic computer operation skills, making even the office luddite effective almost immediately. Experienced implementers prepare new users for rapid success, and a consistent and predictable monthly fee simplifies budgeting and payment.