WebChart PHR/Patient Portal
From MIE Website Wiki
To help you qualify for ARRA incentives, MIE has partnered with leading personal health record (PHR) vendor NoMoreClipboard to offer the WebChart patient portal. This online solution combines personal health record functionality with administrative modules designed to reduce phone calls and improve practice efficiency.
Patients can visit your practice website, click on a patient registration button and link to a portal that looks and feels just like your existing site – the patient experience is seamless. From the portal, patients can create a personal health record account, share demographic and clinical information, and send and receive secure messages – including the reminders, electronic copies of health information and clinical summaries required to achieve meaningful use. The WebChart patient portal integrates with WebChart EHR systems using standard interoperability protocols, streamlining the flow of electronic information between you and your patients.
Final rulemaking issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services includes EHR “meaningful use” definitions associated with physician eligibility for ARRA incentives. Eligible physicians (EPs) will be expected to incorporate patient-centric electronic solutions in order to qualify for stimulus funds.
Final core set requirements include:
- Provide patients with clinical summaries for each office visit. Clinical summaries must be provided to patients for more than 50 percent of all office visits within three business days.
- On request, provide patients with an electronic copy of their health information (including diagnostic test results, problem list, medication lists, medication allergies). More than 50 percent of requesting patients must receive an electronic copy within three business days.
Final menu set requirements include:
- Use EHR technology to identify patient-specific education resources and provide those to the patient as appropriate. More than 10 percent of patients should be provided patient-specific education resources.
- Send reminders to patients (per patient preference) for preventive and follow-up care. More than 20 percent of patients 65 years of age or older or 5 years of age or younger should be sent appropriate reminders.
- Provide patients with timely electronic access to their health information (including laboratory results, problem list, medication lists, medication allergies). More than 10 percent of patients should be provided electronic access to information within 4 business days of its being updated in the EHR.
WebChart Patient Portal Value
Benefits of the WebChart patient portal include:
- Meet patient-centered meaningful use criteria associated with ARRA legislation.
- Improve administrative efficiency and staff productivity by reducing phone call volume, streamlining the check-in process and collecting demographic and clinical data prior to an appointment.
- Improve communication and coordination of care, while reducing the potential for medical errors.
- Integrate patient-information into existing workflow. Patient data is transmitted to your WebChart EHR in a secure electronic format, and we provide electronic tools for quick and easy data comparison and reconciliation.
- Improve patient satisfaction and build brand loyalty. As more patients move to the internet for managing family health and wellness, your practice can provide online options for sharing information and conducting business.