Hundreds of electronic health record vendors are spending millions marketing their products to healthcare professionals. How do you sort through the noise surrounding meaningful use incentives, conversion costs and the benefits for the practice to determine the solutions best for your environment?
We would like to suggest a few items for you to consider. When you do, we believe Medical Informatics Engineering (MIE) will be a company at the top of your list of potential partners. Over the last 15 years, MIE quietly developed and successfully deployed electronic health records and patient engagement technology now used by thousands of family and specialty practices, hospitals and Fortune 500 companies.
Before ARRA and CCHIT were even terms in common use, MIE systems were implemented by over 55% of the physicians in Indiana. That compares to about a 5% adoption rate nationwide. The reason so many medicals professionals chose WebChart from MIE, is that the system is cost effective, does not upset the workflow of a practice, and is easy to implement. The phrase we use is Minimally Invasive™. You can actually improve your operations, reduce costs and qualify for stimulus funds.
Consider why our clients choose Minimally Invasive™ solutions from MIE:
- Meaningful Use, with Meaning WebChart comes with everything you need to achieve meaningful use and earn stimulus funding, including a meaningful use meter that gives you a real-time, dashboard view of where you stand. Even better, WebChart users report improved clinical outcomes and practice efficiency along with superior financial performance - that is real meaningful use.
- Affordable It’s no surprise that most EHR applications are priced suspiciously close to the $44,000 you can earn in ARRA incentives. Contrast that with a WebChart system available for as little as $250 per physician/per month. That is only $15,000 over 5 years - actually leaving you with something stimulating. MIE’s web-based applications require no up-front investment in equipment and need no local IT support.
- Connected WebChart plays well with others. Unlike proprietary EHR software where integration with the outside world is difficult and very expensive, WebChart includes real time interfaces with the major labs, pharmacies and will easily integrate with your existing billing system, registry or health information exchange. You do not have to select a difficult and expensive EHR from your current billing system vendor. You can choose the best EHR available and keep using your current systems - we guarantee it!
- Accessible WebChart is web-based, so you can access patient records anytime, anywhere, from virtually any device - a PC, Mac, iPad or Smartphone. There are no severs to buy and no software to download or install – simply log-in securely on any browser using advanced encryption that complies with all HIPPA standards.
- Flexible Most EHR vendors require an all-in, all-at-once installation, creating practice upheaval and disrupting revenues. WebChart can be implemented in comfortable increments for a smooth transition from paper to electronic charts. Each clinician can document encounters as they see fit - with point & click, dictation and paper options. You can even have one physician try it first and add others when you are ready.
- Intuitive WebChart is user-friendly and intuitive, and designed to resemble a paper chart. Electronic chart tabs can be configured to match practice workflow, and each user can customize the contents and layout of their home screen to speed chart review and encounter documentation. MIE has a library of standard templates for many specialties, but if you want a completely custom one for your work flow, we can do that too - easily and inexpensively.
- Fully Supported With WebChart, you can choose the level of support and training you prefer, and get started in a matter of minutes. Tech savvy practitioners can create an account on-line and begin using the EHR immediately, and those who want implementation support can access a library of online training videos (short and to the point - think YouTube) or work with the MIE implementation team. Our help desk is also available 24/7/365 and is staffed by responsive and well-trained people.
- Patient Engagement MIE has partnered with the leading PHR vendors to offer you a fully-integrated patient portal designed to meet consumer engagement requirements and improve practice efficiency. WebChart can easily share data with Google Health, Microsoft HealthVault and NoMoreClipboard. The NoMoreClipboard portal can be easily added to your website and enables the bi-directional exchange of demographic and clinical data, as well as secure messaging modules including appointments, refill requests and bill payments.
- Fully Certified WebChart is ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certified and CCHIT Certified for 2011 with a 5 Star usability rating - the highest possible. WebChart is also certified for all 44 quality measures - one of only a few systems to achieve that milestone. It is also Surescripts certified for e-prescribing.
- Financial Stability MIE has been in business for 15 years and has thousands of clients that range from single physician practices to Fortune 500 companies. Companies such as Google, Dow, Lilly, Concentra, HP/EDS and ACS/Xerox have chosen WebChart applications to document clinical encounters and manage patient populations. But don’t take our word for it. Visit where you can review case studies from a long list of satisfied WebChart clients.
- Try it before you buy it WebChart is the only try it before you buy it EHR. Simply go to and create a free trial account. In a few minutes you can kick the tires and take a test drive. If WebChart is right for your practice, you can convert your trial account to a live EHR system, and quickly qualify for meaningful use reimbursement with a fully certified EHR!
Why MIE? You owe it to yourself to get beyond the clatter and clamor and marketing hype and take a close look at WebChart solutions from MIE. Create a free trial account at
and you will soon be asking yourself a different question - why am I wasting time looking at other EHR companies?